Submitted my photography grant proposal for spring break in Sicily! Feels good to have it off my hands... but honestly I'm pretty stoked about the write up. Cross your fingers!
Went shopping in downtown Florence. The clothes are TO DIE FOR. I splurged yesterday on an absolutely gorgeous navy dress. Super stylish, yet timeless. I'll probably wear it for our Bing dinner in Milan, though honestly I know I'm going to be loving this dress for years to come. It's a halter that falls off my shoulders just right, and the hang of the fabric is perfect. The Italians sure know how to do fashion. I also coveted a pair of grey suede boots, but alas, I could only dream.
Yesterday half of the students in the club got to go down to the societa canottaggio-- a private rowing club on the Arno tucked right under Ponte Vecchio. It is very elite... and our director is into that. Beautiful, beautiful. I only had my Rollei with me, so I can't put up any digital pics. I keep meaning to take some, but most of my photography so far has been black and white.
I was feeling adventurous and ordered taleggio-- and I had no idea what that meant. It ended up being a delicious cooked cheese crusted in bread crumbs and placed on what looked like a large pile of clovers. I also tried carpaccio (not sure if that's spelled right). It's raw beef. Sounds nasty, but with olive oil and salt... mmm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment