Ciao tutti (hello all)!
I arrived safely in Florence, albeit exhausted. I flew into Rome, but had some challenges navigating the trains.
My family's home is simple and beautiful. My room is a loft above the rest of the apartment, with a view of an elaborate synagogue and surrounding rooftops. My host mom is a retired nurse, and my host dad is a leather artisan who spends weekends away selling his work at markets and fairs.
Firenze (said "firentse") is lovely. More on the city later.
Our first day, Campani (our director) told us that a tourist moves quickly and never really leaves home. A traveler moves slowly and really absorbs their surroundings, so by the end of their stay they aren't sure which place to call home.
I'm currently in the space between traveler and tourist, knowingly far from the places I know and love, but also far from calling this place home. That is all fine and well, though, as it's part of the process. I love you all! Arrivederci.
1 comment:
ciao bella! So glad you are there!
look forward to hearing more
mommers
Post a Comment